af·firm·a·tion : ˌafərˈmāSH(ə)n/ : noun
the action or process of affirming something or being affirmed.
Changing our lives, getting out of a rut, becoming unstuck, finding forward movement or even just experiencing more positive and happy moments isn't always an easy task, but I've managed to majorly transform myself from the inside out, with a huge emphasis on my beliefs, and subsequently transformed my outer experiences in incredible ways (in many instances through relatively easy tactics).
In less than a year and a half, I went from living in my car (long story, touch on that another time) to owning a beautifully unique home, lost over 20lbs, made more money than ever before and became happier and more peaceful than I ever thought possible...and it all started with this 1 minute and 44 seconds (and 44 milliseconds, to be exact) outlined below.
By altering what I make myself believe about myself and my life, I'm able to change my circumstances like an alchemist. As I've learned, a belief is simply a thought we keep telling ourselves (or someone else keeps telling us) over and over until we decide it's true.
With this being said, I've forced myself to look at my belief systems in many different areas over the years, and some of the most impactful beliefs that have either held me back or catapulted me forward are my beliefs about myself and my life. Naturally, reinforcing positive beliefs and diminishing negative beliefs quickly places me on a more elevated trajectory, and the power I find in these new affirmations determines the magnitude and speed of results.
The 18 affirmations below initially felt like fiction to my current circumstances, but I understood that anything is possible and I create my own reality. As my thoughts began to shift into beliefs, I felt and experienced more and more fascinating and captivating manifestations both within and around me. Of course, these have changed over the years, as my first affirmations were much more simplistic coming from a more limited and dreary perspective, but I'll share what I currently imbed into my mind each day that changes my life and keeps magical things appearing before me consistently:
1) I AM exactly who I desire to be.
2) I AM always receiving money, love and blessings easily and effortlessly.
3) I AM living at my highest potential (...and it's awesome).
4) I AM matching my personality with my soul's life mission.
5) I AM beautifully and perfectly me, and I help others experience their freedom, too.
6) I AM the best and I deserve the best: love, friendship, family, success, money, career and treatment.
7) Wealth constantly flows into my life.
8) I AM a magnet for prosperity, love, happiness and abundance.
9) I AM healthy, wealthy, loving and wise.
10) Prosperity overflows in my life. I have everything in abundance.
11) Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways.
12) I AM a magnet for money. Prosperity is frequently drawn to me.
13) I AM living out my life (...the life of my greatest visions). Everyday I live my dream.
14) I AM always in alignment with my life's purpose.
15) I AM using my truest talents to positively impact this world now.
16) I have more money than I know what to do with.
17) My life's purpose brings me prosperity and happiness.
18) I AM so grateful, for even "just" being me.
...And so it is (because what I believe is absolutely true for me).
be·lief : bəˈlēf/ : noun
an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
While some people may look at this as woo-woo weirdo stuff, I'd like to remind us all of the power of our minds, beliefs, and thought patterns. The thoughts we've believed in the past have shaped our current reality, and the thoughts we're believing now are shaping our futures. I don't know about you, but since I want to continue creating an amazingly blessed, happy and prosperous life full of purpose and love, I place an extremely high emphasis on my thoughts. If you've never used affirmations as a tool for bettering your life, give some of the ones above a try for a while (or create your own based on what you personally feel the need to believe about yourself) and let me know how it works out for you. You can write them in a notebook or post-its, speak them into your phone's voice recorder, or say/listen to them out loud...or do it all (which is what I do).
As the great Muhammad Ali said, "It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen." Good luck and much love!